A Flush Mount Sink is a type of sink that is installed into a countertop, making it level with the surface. This type of sink is gaining popularity in Singapore for its easy-to-clean, modern look in both bathrooms and kitchens. In this article, we will dive into understanding the definition, differences, characteristics, pros, and cons of a flush mount sink, and the interior themes that match well with this sink type.
What Is A Flush Mount Sink?
A flush mount sink, also known as a tile-edged sink is a sink that is installed into the benchtop, making the rim of the sink align with the surface of the countertop. This type of sink is different from traditional sinks, which are usually installed on the countertop and sit above it. With a flush mount sink, you can achieve a seamless flow in design without any breaks or bumps making the sink appear virtually invisible.
Flush Mount vs Undermount Sink
Flush mounts and under-mount sinks are two popular types of kitchen sinks that have different installation methods and design features.
Flush mount sinks have a rim that sits on top of the countertop and is visible. This type of sink is typically easier to install, as it can be mounted directly to the countertop. It is also a good option for those looking for a more traditional or budget-friendly option since it can be made from materials like plastic.
Undermount sinks, on the other hand, are mounted underneath the countertop, so the sink’s rim is not visible. This creates a seamless look and can make the countertop easier to clean, as there are no seams or rims to trap dirt and debris.
Undermount sinks are typically more expensive and require a high-quality, heavy-duty material, such as stainless steel and solid countertop material including granite or marble for proper installation.
In terms of design, under-mount sinks tend to offer a more modern and sophisticated look, while flush-mount sinks can be more traditional. Both types of sinks come in a range of sizes, shapes, and materials, so you can find one that suits your budget and style preferences. However, Flush mount sinks can be slightly more challenging to find in the market than undermount sinks.
Characteristics of A Flush Mount Sink in Singapore
- It is on a level with the countertop.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Adds a sense of continuity to the room.
- Can be made of a variety of materials such as ceramic, glass, or stainless steel.
- Comes in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors.
Pros and Cons of A Flush Mount Sink
- Offers a harmonious look, aesthetically. pleasing and practical.
- It is easy to clean since crumbs and liquids can be wiped out easily.
- It is hygienic and pristine.
- Makes the room feel more spacious.
- It is versatile and safe.
- More expensive than other traditional sink types.
- Can be difficult and expensive to install.
- Not suitable for all interior themes.
- Can be hard to find in the market and difficult to replace.
- Can be prone to cracking or chipping if not handled with care.
Hachi Flush Mount Sink
The Hachi Flush Mount Sink is a new and innovative product introduced in the Singapore market. It is designed to offer homeowners a seamless and beautiful finish. This sink is the first of its kind in the country and is increasingly becoming the preferred choice of many due to its unique features.
The Stainless steel flush mount design of the sink helps to combat various problems associated with top and under mount sinks, such as the growth of algae and mold, water retention, unhygienic hidden corners, and water seepages caused by tears in the silicon.
These features make the Hachi Flush Mount Sink a durable and practical solution for anyone looking for a sink with a beautiful finish that is also functional and hygienic.
Interior Themes that Well Match with a Flush Mount Sink
A flush mount sink can match well with various interior themes, including:
- Modern and Contemporary: When integrated with other electrical appliances, the flush mount sink conveys modern style and timeless beauty making it ideal for modern and contemporary interiors.
- Minimalist: Minimalist Interiors that emphasize clean lines and simplicity are best complemented by the smooth finish of a flush mount sink.
- Industrial: The stainless steel material of a flush mount sink matches well with industrial-style interiors, which often feature raw materials like metal and concrete.
- Farmhouse: The rustic charm of a farmhouse interior can be enhanced with a flush mount sink, especially if it is made of a natural material like stone.
- Transitional: Transitional rooms, which combine traditional and contemporary design elements, can also benefit from a flush mount sink. The sleek finish of the sink can add a touch of modernity to a traditional space.
This type of sink is versatile and can be used in a variety of interior themes, such as minimalist, industrial, and even traditional themes with a modern twist.
Reflecting a very streamlined interior design concept, flush-mount sinks are on the trend.
A Flush Mount Sink is a great choice for those looking for a modern and hygienic sink solution for their kitchen or bathroom. It is easy to clean, versatile, and comes in a range of materials, shapes, and colors. While it may be more expensive and challenging to install than traditional sink types, it offers a harmonious appearance and blends effortlessly into the overall kitchen design.
If you wish to install a flush mount sink in your home, select one that fits well with your interior theme and is made of high-quality materials to ensure long-lasting durability. The Hachi Flush Mount Sink is an innovative product in the Singapore market that can be integrated into the kitchen since it offers unique features, making it a durable and practical solution for homeowners.
Additionally, the flush mount sink can match well with various interior themes, including modern and contemporary, minimalist, industrial, farmhouse, and transitional interiors.